There are a few things you can do to prepare for your rhinoplasty surgery:
● Schedule a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon who has experience with rhinoplasty. This will give you an opportunity to discuss your goals and expectations for the surgery and to learn more about the procedure.
● Stop smoking and avoid alcohol for at least two weeks before and after the surgery, as these can slow down the healing process.
● Avoid taking any medications that can increase the risk of bleeding, such as aspirin, ibuprofen, and certain supplements, as directed by your surgeon.
● Arrange for someone to drive you home after the surgery and stay with you for the first 24 hours to assist you with your recovery.
● Follow all pre-operative instructions provided by your surgeon such as fasting, no eating or drinking, or any other instructions.
● Take some time to prepare your home for your recovery, making sure that you have everything you need to be comfortable, such as pillows to prop yourself up, and plenty of books or movies to keep you entertained.
● Lastly, make sure that you have a clear understanding of what to expect during the recovery process, including the length of time that you will need to take off work and any limitations on your activity.