The advantages of open rhinoplasty include:
- Greater visualisation and access to the underlying structure of the nose, which can be beneficial for more complex procedures.
- Allowsthesurgeontomakepreciseadjustmentstothenose’sinternal structures to improve airflow in case of functional issues.
- Allows for better correction of asymmetries and deformities.
- The scar is usually very small and can be hidden with makeup.
The disadvantages of open rhinoplasty include:
1.A small visible scar across the columella.
2. A longer recovery time due to the external incision.
3. Some patients may experience more swelling and bruising than with closed rhinoplasty.
The advantages of closed rhinoplasty include:
1. No visible scars as the incisions are made inside the nostrils.
2. Aquickerrecoverytimeduetotheabsenceofanexternalincision. 3. Less swelling and bruising.
The disadvantages of closed rhinoplasty include:
1. Limited access to the underlying structure of the nose, which can make it more challenging for the surgeon to make precise adjustments.
2. May not be suitable for more complex procedures.
3. More difficult to correct asymmetries and deformities.
In general, the choice of technique will depend on the specific case and the surgeon’s preference and expertise. Both techniques can provide good results, but it’s important for the patient to have realistic expectations and to choose a qualified and experienced surgeon.