Vaginal Rejuvenation Surgery (Vaginal Tightening)
Repeated childbirths cause dilatation of muscles of vagina leading to widening of the vagina. Sexual pleasure is seriously affected by loss of normal tone and elasticity of vagina and pelvic muscles. Vaginal tightening usually combined with vulval rejuvenation to enhance aesthetic look of genitals is one of the fast-growing segment in plastic surgery. More and more women are coming to avail the plastic surgery facilities to enhance the genital aesthetics and sexual gratification enhancement as a part of ‘mommy makeover’. We have appreciated the comment by a husband – ‘she is the same wife but a new girl’ after these procedures!
- To tighten the vagina to enhance sexual pleasure (making the vagina like near pre-marital status)
- In addition to tightening, symptoms related to urination/defecation (incontinence) may also get relieved as cystocele and rectocele are also corrected
Lax muscles and supporting tissue layers are meticulously dissected out and repositioned in their normal position. Vectors of muscles are restored gaining a good vaginal and perineal tone. Improved voluntary tone and muscle strength lead to an improved self-esteem.
During this procedure, overall rejuvenation can be achieved by combining any of the other genital cosmetic surgery procedures like
- Vulval rejuvenation (Using Lipofilling / dermal fillers)
- Mons lift
- Labia minora reduction surgery / labioplasty
- Hymenoplasty / hymen repair / revirgination
- Correction of cystocele/rectocele
Duration and Recovery of Vaginal Tightening
Vaginoplasty usually takes 2-3 hours to complete, It is done in the local Anesthesia. But many times patient choose General Anesthesia for this procedure. Usual Recovery or Healing time is 4 weeks but physical contact is restricted to 8 weeks.
HYMENOPLASTY (HYMEN REPAIR SURGERY, RE-VIRGINATION )
(Also known as hymen repair, hymen surgery, virginity restoration, virginity repair, virginity surgery or re-virginity, regaining broken virginity, hymen reconstruction or hymen reconstructive surgery)
Hymenoplasty is the procedure to restore natural hymen to “regain” virginity. In simple words hymenoplasty is repair of broken hymen or ruptured hymen and is the sure shot way to restore or regain virginity. The layered ultrafine microsurgical repair of hymen leads to a normal hymen without any sign of repair and without any sign of lost virginity.
We follow a unique technique of multilayered ultrafine repair of the broken hymen or ruptured hymen, thus restoring the natural structure of hymen. There are no signs of hymenoplasty procedure done and there are no signs of virginity loss. All we see is the natural intact virgin hymen.
Thus hymen repair basically aims to result in natural hymen as there has been no intercourse. This hymen will rupture during next sexual intercourse and will cause bleeding like in virgin girl.
Hymen is a thin membrane present at the vaginal entrance (introitus). It has an aperture to allow passage of blood during menses after puberty. Natural deep position and natural elasticity of hymen keeps it protected from rupture during day to day activities.
Intact hymen is considered the sign of virginity, as hymen gets broken and ruptured during sexual intercourse. Broken hymen, ruptured hymen is considered the sign of loss of virginity. Sexual intercourse is considered the most common cause of hymen rupture. The first sexual intercourse leading to rupture of hymen is called defloration. Trauma due to excessive athletic activities and perineal tear extending to hymen are amongst other causes.
The aim of restoration of natural hymen is to give a natural elastic virgin hymen that will remain intact unless next sexual intercourse. The ruptured hymen or broken hymen has a peculiar anatomy. The remnants of ruptured hymen are almost always present surrounding the wide hole. These remnants or tags are known as carunculae myrtiformis. These remnants are always sufficient to restore a natural virgin hymen.
The margins of ruptured hymen tags are freshened. The anterior (visible outside) and posterior (present inside) layers are meticulously separated with a skilful dissection. During this, the intermediate layer, present between the anterior and posterior layer, is defined. This intermediate layer is a strong supporting layer and repair of this layer is an extremely important step for the restoration of a natural hymen.
Once all the three layers have been defined the layered repair is carried out. The repaired hymen heals very fast. During sexual intercourse this hymen will behave like a natural, will rupture and will bleed like a virgin hymen.
The procedure is carried out under local anesthesia and takes only about 30 minutes. This is a painless procedure and you may go home/office immediately after the procedure. You may carry out your day to day activities. Vigorous work or jerky movements should be avoided.
After the procedure no sign/stitch/scar is visible, and nobody can notice that something has been done.
Disclaimer: Results may vary from person to person
Healing occurs in 7 to 10 days, though it takes about 3 to 4 weeks for the area to become soft and supple.
Hymen Reconstruction: In cases where no remnants of the ruptured hymen are present, the natural hymen restoration is achieved by using mucosa of the adjacent vagina. This reconstructed hymen behaves exactly like natural hymen thus regaining virginity.
Re-virgination versus Complete re-virgination:
Re-virgination is the term used for restoration of hymen i.e. hymenoplasty.
Complete re-virgination is the term used for restoration of natural virgin genital structures in addition to hymen repair. Along with hymenoplasty the following procedures can be combined:
- Labia minora reshaping – includes labiaplasty, labia reduction, correction of excessive hanging labia minora
- Correction of loose vagina (also called as vaginoplasty / vaginal tightening / vaginal rejuvenation)
- Labia majora rejuvenation – includes fat grafting
Occasionally we encounter other variants of hymen:
Imperforate Hymen– This is the hymen where the hymenal opening is absent. This needs correction (hymenoplasty) to allow menstrual blood to escape.
Micro perforated or cribriform hymen– This is usually confused with imperforate, and hymenal opening seems to be absent, though on close examination we notice tiny perforations.
Septate Hymen– In this, hymenal opening consists of few bands (multiple septae) present across the opening.
Post-Operative Care After Hymenoplasty Surgery
- You have to rinse and wash surgical for fourteen days after the surgery with antiseptic solution without touching the surgical site (to avoid any kind of infection)
- You have to refrain from stretching or pulling skin near the surgical site of Hymen repair to avoid pulling of stitches
- Do Not use an Ice pack on the surgical site.
- Do Not Pour Hot Water at the surgical site
- You can bath, take shower and wash vaginal area with not so hot or cold water after the hymen repair surgery.
- Avoid swimming session and bathtub or initial 1 to 1.5 month.
- Do Not Insert anything into the vagina for 6 weeks.
- Refrain from making sexual relationship for 6 weeks.
Purpose: To make the vulva look younger and youthful.
Procedure: Overall rejuvenation is achieved which includes following options depending on the need:
- Vaginal tightening
- Labia minora reduction / labiaplasty
- Fat grafting (lipoinjection) for labia majora
- Pubic lift
- Liposuction of mons pubis
- Hymen repair / reconstruction
Duration of Procedure: 30 minutes to 2 hrs.
Anesthesia: Local / Regional
Recovery Time: Within a week
Vaginoplasty (Making of New Vagina)
Purpose: Making of a new vagina
- In girls who have absent vagina
- In sex change operation (Male to Female)
Duration of Procedure: 1 – 3 hrs.
Anesthesia: General / Regional
Recovery Time: 2 – 4 weeks
Penile Length / Girth Enhancement
- To enhance the length and / or girth of penis.
- To correct the buried penis
Duration of Procedure: 1 – 2 hrs.
Anesthesia: Local / Regional
Recovery Time: 2 – 4 weeks